Friday, August 30, 2013

50 days!

Well, the days are starting to get longer and the weather is getting warmer. Which means the opposite is happening back home. But oh well.

It's 50 days until I get married! Well, I guess maybe depending on how you count. And with the 17 hour time difference (16 to NM)... ehhh.... we'll just say 50 days from today.

Had a pretty low key Friday night. Met up with some co-workers at the bar where they were celebrating someone's last day (moving back to the UK). Headed home fairly early (around 10 or so). This morning I hit up the gym and started cleaning up my place. I gotta prepare for the American party I'm throwing tonight. I'll teach some of these guys some beer pong (they learned king's cup from the last party at the other secondees' place).

I purchased some drinks and chips. Can't be a bad host (but not looking for host of the year or anything). One thing to note, here it seems most credit cards have PINs. However, obviously, mine doesn't. So I sign for it, but often they ask to see the back of my credit card to compare the signature. I mean, this makes sense. Probably should do that more often in the States, but rarely happens.

And I also got my tuxedo shirt today. Yep, instead of swimming in one because I'm cursed with a tiny body frame, I decided to buy one to go with the tux I'm renting (hiring). Now, I don't know if tuxes are like dresses. Can Michelle see this before the big day? Hmm.... I'll just show my dear readers an exciting picture of the bag.

Now imagine every tux dress shirt you've ever seen...
 
Ah, another picture I wanted to share. It doesn't quite do the scene justice, but apparently by the weekend my gym gets a little chaotic (because it's an unmanned gym after 3pm on Friday).
 
Pictured: Chaos
OK. So it's not THAT bad. But weights are just kinda everywhere.
 
I'm currently writing this from the great outdoors (botanic gardens). And while I don't have wifi in my apartment (which seems strange) my firm did hook me up with a wireless card that is actually pretty cool and handy.
 
 
Now I'm going to turn my attention to writing the article I promised for my firm's newsletter back home. Enjoy the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment