Sunday, September 15, 2013

Eating bugs

As I mentioned in my post about my first trip to the Sydney fish market, bugs are lobster-like creatures. I've never seen them in a supermarket before, so I figured I better eat them before I leave Australia.

Each one cost about $8

Three of us decided to cook them up for a Sunday dinner. So off to the fish market to pick up 3 bugs. It's nice because they offered to cut them in half for us. Heck, they even packaged them up for us.





I found this recipe that inspired us.

First we blanched them for 1 min.


Then we fried up some butter, garlic, mushrooms, and olive oil and pan fried them for 3 minutes.




When the time was up, we popped them into the oven for 5 minutes at 450 degrees (about 230 degrees Celsius).




And then, of course, the plating.


Not as good as lobster, but tasty. Weird little creatures, but glad I tried it.

No comments:

Post a Comment