Thursday, September 12, 2013

Trivia Night and Laser Tag

Three weeks from today I head home! Crazy. It seems like I both have been here forever and time has flown by.

I figured as I wait for my laundry to finish I should post about the last couple of days. On Tuesday night 7 of us met at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville for trivia night. But before that I met up with a co-worker at King St Brewhouse to try another one of their beers (and to grab dinner). As I've mentioned before, Tuesday is when many restaurants have specials, so our entrees were 2 for 1. Woo hoo. And guess what? I got to see (not hear) some sports highlights and Around the Horn.

I miss ESPN...
Anyway, we then went to Margaritaville and dominated as team The Internationals (we had 2 Americans, an Aussie (well, technically he was born in the US, moved when he was 1 to Bangladesh, then to Sydney), a Ukrainian (an Ukrainian?), a Scot, a Northern Irish, and a South African. Dang. Talk about diversity. Our prize was a $50 bar tab (which doesn't go nearly that far in Sydney).

On Wednesday we went to Kingpin Bowling. For $30 each we got unlimited bowling and laser tag. We bowled 4 games (me sucking but enjoying trying to bowl like the pros and give my ball a spin).

Cool place. Although it often struggled setting up pins...
I made up for struggling in bowling with a dominating laser tag round.

My gun was called "Ewok"
Currently wrapping up 2 jobs and starting my final one while I'm out here. However, that client hasn't been ready for us yet. Hopefully that doesn't delay us too much. After all, I'm gone soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment