Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Hotpot and Baxter

Yesterday (Monday) wasn't too exciting of a day. Did some laundry. Cleaned up the place. And booked flights to Melbourne. I plan to see an AFL (Australian Football League) game while I'm there. AFL is really big in Melbourne compared to the rest of the country (maybe like how NASCAR is big in the South?).

Today after work I met up with 5 others and we had Taiwanese hotpot. It was really tasty and a pretty good price ($17 each). Dang, those red chilies were hot...

Afterwards, we went to The Baxter Inn. A few people mentioned this place to us. It has tons of different scotches.
To find it, you have to go down this little alleyway, turn right, then walk down these stairs. It's a really cool vibe. Almost like a speakeasy-type feel.

The place has scotches/whisk(e)ys from all over, but mostly from Scotland (that may be a duh to those who know a lot about scotch). Times like this I wish I knew more about this type of liquor. Thankfully, one of my co-workers used to work in a scotch bar and pointed us towards some to try.


Of course, when it comes to drinking whiskey, you can't really have a bunch of tastes... I tried the Highland 12 year old scotch and the strongbrake....? Can't really remember what the last one was. My co-worker ordered it. It was something like that, though. Both were pretty good. Seemed to have a slight smoky taste to them. Yeah, I should learn more about scotch. But maybe I'll save that for when I'm 50.

No comments:

Post a Comment