Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Portuguese chicken and outlets

First off, I have no idea how I spelled Portuguese right on my first attempt. Seriously, you people don't realize how lucky you are that there's spellcheck.

It's lightning and raining outside. I just got back from the gym. Before that I was at Blackbird. Whenever you work past 7:30pm, you get $25 towards dinner. Back in the States, we have a similar policy, but it's $10 if you work over 10 hours (I guess it's an IRS thing, or at least that's what my firm tells me to avoid sounding super cheap...). Well, I worked late, so I decided to cash in on that. So here's my $23 chicken burger.


 
It's actually a Portuguese burger. I've seen that advertised around the city. From what I can tell, it's a chicken burger with certain spices on it and a mayo/chipotle sauce. It's quite tasty. Now, those fries... not so much. Oh, and worth noting, that's tomato sauce, not ketchup. Ketchup isn't readily available, which is a sad thing. Tomato sauce just isn't the same...
 
Before jumping on to the next titular topic, I wanted to show a pic of a train seat.
 
This is from an older train car
What's cool is that the back seat flips. So you can always be facing the direction the train is going. Pretty neat, huh?
 
Anyway, I thought I'd share some photos of some plugs. Now, I gotta be honest, I had a heck of a time taking a photo that does justice to Aussie plugs. They seem so big and cartoon-y.
 
 
 
Obviously, a North American plug is on the right
 
How the heck did plugs not become a universal thing? I understand languages evolving over time back when the world wasn't so small. Driving/riding horses on the opposite sides of the street. Preferring different tastes based on local food sources. But I feel like plugs are a relatively new invention? Obviously, we're stuck with these differences, but it just strikes me as odd
 
What's also odd/cool are the outlets.
 
 
I don't think I've seen an outlet without those little switches. They turn the power on/off. Kinda cool if you want to cut power to, say, a toaster without having to unplug it. Although I'm not sure how big of an impact they have?
 
I'll end with another installment of something I like to call, Wow! Sydney's Expensive!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment